Unlike many other manufacturers, Tektite brand lights are made in America, not just "Designed in the U.S.A." or assembled in the U.S. from foreign-made parts. We mold our plastic parts, assemble our electronics, and machine and stamp our metal parts in our New Jersey factory or locally. We include US-made batteries whenever possible (bulbs come from overseas). Whenever possible, we buy U.S. made machine tools and equipment for our factory, and trucks from U.S. manufacturers.
Tektite was founded on "green" principles, before they became trendy. We are concerned about the environment and we are committed to improving the Earth's environmental condition. Outdoor sports are an environmentally oriented activity. The beauty of the ocean and great outdoors requires our attention and care. The ocean is sensitive to our presence on land in our everyday existence and more directly when diving. The land is sensitive to the ocean's condition in our weather patterns and health.
To this end, we take the complete product life cycle into consideration when we design products and specify components. Sometimes this makes our products a bit more expensive. All our products are recyclable when they have out-lived their usefulness to you.
We're Green AGAIN!
April 24, 2019 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TEKTITE INDUSTRIES Recognized and renewed as a New Jersey Sustainable Business for third year.
Small businesses across New Jersey are starting to save money, share their successes and inspire other businesses by implementing sustainable business best practices. Joining this list, TEKTITE INDUSTRIES, located in Trenton, New Jersey, became one of the first businesses in the state to be recognized as a New Jersey Sustainable Business.
In August of 2014, the New Jersey Small Business Development Centers (NJSBDC) launched the New Jersey Sustainable Business Registry. The registry is an Internet site where businesses that have implemented sustainable business practices can register their achievements and be recognized.
TEKTITE achieved recognition because, as a company, they practice energy conservation and recycling. They:
- Use recycled paper products when possible.
- Reuse or recycle their industrial scrap.
- Reuse or recycle their incoming packing materials and cartons.
- Use energy-efficient lighting.
- Use energy-saving machinery controls.
- Use single-stream recycling dumpsters.
- Equipment is used in their manufacturing processes to conserve and recycle coolant water, heating their building, conserving fresh water, and reducing liquid waste.
Some of TEKTITE products are designed to directly reduce the amount of plastic and/or hazardous waste:
- The Mark-Lite product line provides an environmentally friendly Chemical Lightstick Alternative™. Plus, the Mark-Lite helps reduce operation cost by 80% as well. Many Diving resort destinations have banned the use of chemical sticks as a result of TEKTITE offering a reusable alternative.
- Their ELZ, Traffic Strobes, and Marine SOS strobe products reduce or eliminate the need for chemical incendiary flares, reducing hazardous combustion products, and hazardous waste of date-expired, unused flares.
TEKTITE efforts resulted in the reduction of wastewater, landfill volume, and energy savings.
New achievements include 1 Million Pyrotechnic Flares (That’s 300,000 lb. of hazardous waste expired flares) out of landfills/Circulation. Due to the Increased Popularity of Sirius Signal’s Electronic Flares. See https://siriussignal.com/1-million-pyrotechnic-flares-out-…/ We manufacture and helped develop this product for Sirius Signal See our website: https://www.tek-tite.com/proddetail.php?prod=C-1003_SOS_Distress_Light%2C_Flag_and_whistle
Tektite was founded on green/sustainable principles in 1990. They are concerned about the environment and are committed to improving the Earth's environmental condition.